After waiting 27 hours, I finally have my phone connected! I exist in the world! Then, while taking a rickshaw south to GK-II, the rickshaw-wallah showed me his brand-new phone, which a) was way more expensive than mine (colour, built-in music player, etc), and b) he couldn't figure out how to use. So I spend the entire time teaching the guy, in Hindi, how to switch on and off the music player on the bloody phone.
And then went to a electronic dance party with my potential future room-mate at this bar at Sunder Nagar. The maitre d' looked disapprovingly at our kurtas and sandals, the techno was so loud I couldn't hear myself think and the g&t I ordered cost close to $9! I met some nice people, but I can't say much for the context. Honestly, Delhi needs to get a grip about how they want to manage their night-scene... far too much pretentious club-scene in midtown Manhattan and far too little chilled-out bar-scene in Brooklyn or Queens.
At any rate, I'm enjoying myself far too much for the start of a field-trip. It'll settle down soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment